Here are some websites and platforms that are useful when looking for work as an artist in Canada.
- TAPA Industry Postings (Toronto)
- Work in Culture (Ontario)
- PACT's Artsboard (Nation-wide)
Newsletters are not only great ways to find work, they can also be ways of keeping up-to-date on events in the community.
- Urban Worker
- Centre for Social Innovation
- The Relay (Canadian Stage Emerging Artist Newsletter)
- East End Arts
- Creative City Newsletter (TAC)
- Intermission Magazine Newsletter
- Story Board (founded by the Canadian Media Guild and the Canadian Writers Group to create an online community for independent journalists and freelance creators from across Canada)
- Like, follow and subscribe to companies and organizations you are interested in working with. Chances are that when opportunities come up, they will post on their website or through their newsletter first
- Work In Culture has put together click-through list of tips and tools to help you build your careers as you are job searching, changing careers, or starting out as an emerging professional. Find it here.
- Having a hard time negotiating for yourself? Jessica Hische created an invaluable Client Email Helper that generates email responses to help you say “no” to free and low-budget work and to help ask for more favorable contract terms before the start of a project. Try it out!