All In Resource Library, curated by PACT is a documents drawn from many sources and is meant to act as a starting point to those of us trying to better understand issues of equity, diversity and inclusion in the interest of building a personal anti-oppression practice.
This Diversity Toolkit: A Guide to Discussing Identity, Power and Privilege is meant for anyone who feels there is a lack of productive discourse around issues of diversity and the role of identity in social relationships, both on a micro (individual) and macro (communal) level. Perhaps you are a teacher, youth group facilitator, student affairs personnel or manage a team that works with an underserved population. Training of this kind can provide historical context about the politics of identity and the dynamics of power and privilege or help build greater self-awareness. The following activities are intended for groups of 10 to 60 people.The diversity toolkit outlined here may be used as a guideline and can be modified to better fit your group’s unique needs.
Work In Culture's Inclusion in the Creative Workplace Program (E-Learning, Videos, HR Toolkit)
Indigenous Corporate Training Inc. provides Indigenous relations training, and their website contains resources and free eBooks.
Ideas and approaches around making working in live performance more inclusive for trans, gnc and gnb artists.
Ideas and approaches around making working in live performance more inclusive for Deaf artists.
- The 49 List (fu-GEN)
- The Pledge Project
- The SureFire List by The Women’s Caucus of the Playwrights Guild of Canada
- The Kilroy's (American)
- Native Earth: Canada's oldest professional Indigenous theatre company. A company dedicated to creating, developing and producing professional artistic expressions of the Indigenous experience in Canada. Native Earth's Weesageechak Begins to Dance Festival is a yearly celebration of new works and works-in-development which fosters the development of Indigenous work and artists from across Canada and around the world.
- Aluna Theatre: Aluna creates, develops, produces and presents artistically innovative and culturally diverse performance work, with a focus on Latin Canadian and women artists.
- b current: b current is the hotbed for culturally-rooted theatre development in Toronto. Originally founded over 25 years ago as a place for black artists to create, nurture, and present their new works, this company has grown to support artists from all diasporas.
- Obsidian Theatre : Obsidian's threefold mission is to produce plays, to develop playwrights and to train emerging theatre professionals. Obsidian is passionately dedicated to the exploration, development, and production of the Black voice.
- fu-Gen Asian Canadian Theatre Company: The largest and oldest Asian-Canadian theatre company in Canada, helmed by Governor General's Award Winning Playwright David Yee.
- Cahoots Theatre: The first professional company in Canada with a mandate to present culturally inclusive work, with a reputation for producing theatre of the highest artistic calibre at local, regional and national levels. Since 1986, Cahoots has programmed work that reflects the diversity of our country, and has enriched the artistic field by nurturing the skills and experiences of emerging and established theatre practitioners.
- Cultural Pluralism in the Arts Movement Ontario (CPAMO) - CPAMO is a movement that works with Indigenous and racialized artists residing and working in Ontario and seeks opportunities for them within communities as well as with arts organizations.
- DiverseTheatreBC - a digital platform that will promote and foster intersectional interculturalism throughout the BC professional theatre sector scheduled to launch in the spring of 2019. Sign up for updates or to be added to their database as an artist/potential engager here
- diversity.ACTRAonline.ca - ACTRA’s online searchable database of Diverse Professional Talent, available for free to ACTRA members and their partner agents, Casting Directors and Producers.
- QueerActs (Halifax)
- OUTstages (Victoria)